Having a licensed and insured contractor perform a tune up on your HVAC unit is a lot like getting routine mileage service on your car. Before you turn on the A/C for the summer months, it is important to consider a tune up. Getting a tune up now is the best way to avoid having your air conditioner go out on the hottest days of the year. Routine maintenance now can prevent unexpected and costly repairs later.
By getting regular HVAC tune ups, you can expect your system to have a longer life span. You can avoid needing emergency repairs in the heat of summer. Another benefit to getting a system tune up is that it will generate better performance and lower energy consumption from your system. If you want better comfort and a lower energy bill, a tune up is the thing to do.
Here’s what you can expect from a system tune up:
- Cleaning of the condenser and evaporator coils
- Cleaning of the unit’s cabinets
- Tightening of electrical connections
- Cleaning of condensate drains
- Inspection of all motors for proper operation and amperage
- Verification of proper capacitance of capacitors
- Inspection and cleaning of heat exchangers, flues, and gas pressure
- Check safeties and limits
- Inspection of blower wheel
- Verification of proper operation of thermostats
- Inspection of ductwork
An A/C unit that has not had a recent tune up is working harder as it is producing less. Capital City Heating and Cooling even offers a Service Agreement Plan for regular maintenance of your system(s).